Thursday, November 27, 2014

About time


“We're all traveling through time together, every day of our lives. All we can do is do our best to relish this remarkable ride.”
- Tim Lake in About Time, 2013

There is something about romantic comedies that makes me want to watch the movie over and over again. I don't mean the regular romcoms, because those make me feel like the most cliché person of all time. I'm here referring to the ones that make me want to travel to where the story is set, or to live the characters' lives. I like the movies that keep you thinking after they have ended.

I may confess it is rare to find such a movie. When I do, I make sure I get a DVD copy as soon as I can, and to place it on the shelf in my room.

"About time" is one of these rare cases. I know I'm probably not the best person to talk about it, as I am a big fan of Rachel McAdams, who plays Mary in the movie.

Reading the summary of it, on the internet, I thought it would be a pretty silly movie, about a guy that travels in time. I have to tell you, it is definitely not like that. It's not silly at all.

Before I watched it, I only wanted to see it because of her. However afterwards becoming totally surprised by the unexpected script, I swear, she turned into my last reason to watch it again, something I obviously did.
Imagine yourself lying on a beach, the sun kissing your skin. Imagine a cup of tea. A huge spoon of Nutella. An amazing book. I honestly felt like that with "About time".

It makes me want to go to Cornwall, and London. To have the ability Tim (Domnhall Gleeson, who I absolutely adore now) has, to realize what he realizes by the end of the story. To live each day as if it were your last. Not like doing crazy stuff, but to appreciate every second of life, even the ordinary ones. There's something crazy in every moment, something to remember. It's all about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment